LinuxCareers 2016 - GNU/Linux Systems Programming and Embedded Linux
The GNU/Linux Operating System runs on everything from tiny wearable devices to the largest supercomputers. Skills in Linux systems level programming are highly valued in the embedded systems industry. Recursive Labs is launching an intensive six month online placement oriented training program targeted at talented and motivated Engineering Freshers (from ECE/EEE/CS streams) from the last week of May, 2016.
- GNU/Linux operating system architecture concepts
- Command line basics and shell/Python scripting
- Version control with “git”
- Advanced C programming, datastructures and algorithms
- GNU/Linux systems programming concepts
- Introduction to Linux kernel programming and device drivers
- Understanding the GNU toolchain
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) concepts
- Building embedded Linux systems
- Programming the Raspberry Pi / Beaglebone
The course is divided into two parts. The first part is of three months duration. During this period, all the topics described in the syllabus will be covered through live, online classes. Participants need to have reliable broadband connection (2mbps speed). Please note that these are NOT recorded classes - participants will be able to interact in real-time with the instructor using web based conferencing tools like GotoMeeting. Besides live classes, participants will also be required to undertake independent study and solve programming problems on a daily basis.
During the next three months, participants will work on several Systems Programming projects independently under our guidance. This will help to strengthen their understanding and also create a technical profile which companies will find attractive.
Rs.35,000 (Thirty five thousand only) - to be paid in full at the time of joining.
An additional Rs.5,000 (five thousand only) has to be paid as placement fee if the participant accepts an offer coming through our referral.